Annona Squamosa Sharifa, Custard Apple, Sitafal – Seeds
₹ 140.00 (-29%)
✅Earn Cashback Points & Redeem on Next Orders
✅Extra 5% Discount on Frequently Bought Together
✅₹70/- Discount on above ₹999/- Coupon “SAVE70”
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual product may vary in shape, height, appearance depending on climate & age etc.
Annona squamosa or Custard Apple is a small, branched tree or shrub from the Annonaceae family. Ripe fruits have a lot of juicy pulp around the seeds. This plant should only be grown outdoors in non-freezing areas, away from cold winds. It is best grown in nutrient-rich, evenly moist but well-drained soil, in full sun or partial shade. A small tropical tree native to the Amazon rainforest, it reaches 30 feet in height. The leaves are thin, elongated, the flowers are yellow-green. The flowers are oblong, never fully open, with one on a long, drooping stem and three fleshy outer petals, greenish-yellow on the outside and pale yellow on the inside with a purple spot or dark red at the base.
|Common Name||Sugar Apple, Custard apple, Sharifa, Sita Phal|
|Maximum Height||10 to 20 feet (3 to 6 m)|
|Bloom Time||Summer, Spring|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
- The tree should be watered every 2 to 4 weeks during the period of low growth and every 3 to 5 days during flowering and fruit set.
- There must be adequate moisture in the soil to encourage vegetative growth and blooms that occur on new branches.
- Custard apple is normally low maintenance and fairly easy to grow as long as a basic level of care is provided throughout the year.
- Growing the custard apple tree requires weed management.
- The custard apple is susceptible to wind damage. Therefore, it should be planted in a place sheltered from the wind.
Custard Apple care
- Keep the plant in natural bright light.
- Water when the topsoil (12 inches)is dry.
- Water thoroughly in the summer season and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- The soil should be well-drained and fertile, rich in organic contents for the growing of the plant.
Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Well drained and fertile, rich in organic content for growing plant.
25 to 41 °C
There are no reviews yet.