Moon Cactus (Grafted, Red) – Cactus Plant
₹ 307.00 (-17%)
✅Earn Cashback Points & Redeem on Next Orders
✅Extra 5% Discount on Frequently Bought Together
✅₹70/- Discount on above ₹999/- Coupon “SAVE70”
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual product may vary in shape, height, appearance depending on climate & age etc.
Moon Cactus come in vibrant colors such as red, hot pink, bright-orange, and even near-neon yellow. These are small plants, usually only half an inch wide, although there are varieties up to 8 inches in diameter. The moon cactus (Gymnocalycium mihanovichii) is a type of cactus native to the deserts of South America in Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay. A member of the Cactaceae family, this succulent plant is also known by the common names of ruby ball cactus, star flower cactus, and red cap. As houseplants, moon cacti are generally mutants that don’t produce chlorophyll, which is why they have such vibrant colors, from hot pink to neon yellow. Due to this lack of chlorophyll, they must be grafted onto a rootstock cactus to survive. The moon cactus is most often grafted with Hylocereus undatus (dragon fruit), but can be combined with any green cactus of any species; Cereus peruvianus and Trichocereus spachianus are also common.
|Common Name||Moon Cactus|
|Maximum Height||8 inches|
|Bloom Time||Spring, Summer|
How to Grow and Care Moon Cactus
- Provide the appropriate balance of light and shadow. The rootstock cactus must receive sufficient sunlight for photosynthesis.
- Place your moon cactus near a window, but make sure it only receives partial sunlight, as bright light can be harmful. you decide to place your cactus on a windowsill, make sure that the shutters protect it from too much direct sunlight.
- Plant your moon cactus in well-drained soil. Overwatering a moon cactus can lead to root rot or mealybug.
- Cactus soil mix is acceptable for moon cacti, or you can add perlite or coarse sand to the soil for better drainage.
- Choose a porous clay pot with drainage holes to help drain excess water.
- Water the moon cactus sparingly. Like many species of cacti, the moon cactus does not require large amounts of water. When watering, completely soak the soil, then allow it to dry completely. Do not water the plant again until the soil dries out for about a week.
- The moon cactus should only be watered during the growing season and not during the winter months.
- Place the moon cactus in a warm environment. Choose a location where the temperature does not drop below 60 degrees Fahrenheit. You can keep a moon cactus outside during the warmer months of the year, but move it indoors during the winter because this cactus plant freezes.
Low for the rainy season, Moderate for winter, More than moderate for a summer
Avoid excess organic contents in the soil
22 to 35 degrees C
27 reviews for Moon Cactus (Grafted, Red) – Cactus Plant
Reviewed by 02 customer(s)
The quality is averageSeptember 14, 2023Verified Review
keep it upSeptember 14, 2023Verified Review
Very impressive packingSeptember 13, 2023Verified Review
averageSeptember 13, 2023Verified Review
happy to buySeptember 6, 2023Verified Review
packaging was niceSeptember 3, 2023Verified Review
very impressive service.September 2, 2023Verified Review
Really happyAugust 31, 2023Verified Review
amazing productAugust 31, 2023Verified Review
very impressive serviceAugust 28, 2023Verified Review